This is a hearty dish that is perfect after a hard workout or a long day.
1 1/2 pound lean, ground turkey
1 can diced, fire-roasted chilis
1 can Mexican-style diced tomatoes
1 can each, low-sodium black beans and red kidney beans
1/4 small red onioin
Cumin and garlic powder, to taste
3 large russet potatoes
1 small bag frozen broccoli
2% shredded Mexican-style cheese and fat-free sour cream for topping
1. Wrap the potatoes in foil and bake at 425 degrees until soft (about 45 minutes).
2. Remove the potatoes from the oven and cut into about 6 pieces, each, in a 8x13 baking dish.
3. Brown the turkey in a large skillet. Drain.
4. Add the chopped onion, chilis, cumin, and garlic powder. Cook over medium heat until the onion is tender.
5. Add both beans and tomatoes. Mix thoroughly.
6. Pour the turkey chili over the potatoes and add the broccoli. Mix together and bake at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes, or until the top is crispy.
7. Serve with a light sprinkling of cheese and a small amount of sour cream, if desired.