Sunday, February 19, 2012
Crispy Parmesan Chicken
Tonight, I tried out a new recipe and was pleasantly rewarded. As originally written, this recipe calls for the turkey to be dipped in egg and was 329 calories per cutlet. Because I don't like dipping in egg, I took this step out. I also changed the ingredients from what were originally in the Redbook recipe.
1/2 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Several dashes of Italian seasoning
4 turkey breast cutlets
1. Mix the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning in a pie pan or other shallow dish with a wide opening.
2. If your cutlets aren't thin to begin with, pound them to about an 1/8 of an inch thick.
3. Press the breadcrumb mixture onto both sides of the cutlets.
4. Brown the cutlets (about 4 minutes on each side) over medium heat.
5. Transfer cutlets to a baking sheet and sprinkle the tops with remaining breadcrumb mix.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
I served this with a green salad and whole wheat noodles, both topped with fresh grated Parmesan.