This recipe makes a quick dinner that is full of healthy things-- just remember portion control! If you have the time to make your own sauce, even better. Most of the time, I wind up with a jarred sauce because I just don't have the time. You can still choose a healthier one.
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup sliced mushroom
1/2 medium zucchini, chopped
1 package ground turkey
2 cloves garlic
1 can olives (sliced or whole)
1/2 package noodles (try quinoa or brown rice noodles)
1. Brown the turkey in a large skillet.
2. Add the chopped vegetables, garlic, olives, and seasonings to taste.
3. Once the vegetables are cooked through, add the sauce (you can rinse the jar with a little red wine and add it to the mixture).
4. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, boil the noodles according to the package directions.
6. Serve with the noodles beneath the meat mixture. If you desire, grate fresh Parmesan cheese on top.